Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this policy.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Greg Rollingson, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Greg Rollingson will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Greg Rollingson will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Greg Rollingson will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner or someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review his decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then take your case to the Legal Ombudsman. You can contact the Legal Ombudsman by:
If we have to change any of the time scales above, we will let you know and explain why.